Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Roasted Garlic Mustard Potatoes

You know you've got a winner when the potatoes take first place over lamb shanks and a mixed mushroom saute.  The lamb shanks were succulent and falling off the bone.  The mushrooms were quite tasty.  But, oh those potatoes!  After being snowed-iced in for days, we decided it was time to dress ourselves up and put a meal on the table that would take our mind off knocking icicles from the eaves and scrapping ice off the walkways.  

The Baker said to let him know an hour before the lamb shanks would be ready.  He wanted to try something new with potatoes.  I give you his recipe with a word of warning.  If you make the potatoes on a day when the windows are open (dreaming of summer here), expect the neighbors and passers by to be ringing your doorbell.  The aroma wafting from the kitchen was divine! 



Roasted Garlic Mustard Potatoes from The Baker (Serves 4)

1 pound small mixed potatoes, cut in half or fourths.  Pieces should be same size.
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp dry white wine
Kosher salt
Pepper

Heat oven to 350

1.  Toss the potatoes, mustard, garlic, thyme, olive oil and wine together.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
2.  Spread onto a baking sheet large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer.
3.  Bake for about one hour, turning the potatoes occasionally until a deep brown crust is formed.

ENJOY!



21 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, this looks and sounds wonderful. It is on the list to try. I understand the white stuff is coming through your area again. Soon, soon......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound really good. We love lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy, this looks right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mercy me, that does sound divine! I thought for sure you would say that there was rosemary on them. When I roast potatoes with rosemary, the scent is so heavenly!! I will be making these ASAP!! Tell The Gardener thanks.....in advance, I know we will love them!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris: Fresh rosemary would be delicious. We didn't have any.

      Delete
  5. Now that sounds AWESOME. Both George and I have eaten Garlic Mashed Potatoes before ---but never roasted. This looks SO SO SO much better. Yum.

    Foggy morning here on the Cumberland Plateau. Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I am really happy to come here again and find a so wonderful recipe .... Ok I won' t open any window while preparing these potatoes xoxoxoxoxo ciao Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, they look delicious! I have eaten more than my share of potatoes this winter and have to try these! I love mustard too, so this is a win, win.

    More snow this afternoon, tomorrow and Friday. Over 50" so far. Talk about cabin fever! And somewhere it's 85 and sunny......

    Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Potatoes are the perfect answer to any problem, including the weather. Love the Dijon on these Bonnie. Cudos to the Baker.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know if the potatoes outshined the rest of that menu, they are a must-make! Oh, I feel Oliver's pain... the super bowl was sad!! If it could only have been a LITTLE closer even. {sigh}

    Oh, I'm ready for a break in this cold for EVERYONE!

    Bonnie, that chocolate and cherry cake are on my LIST, too. Oh, I hate to have to diet!! I guess if I wouldn't OVERindulge, I could avoid this. Until the pounds finally take leave... I'm drooling over your photos. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband loves Garlic Mashed Potatoes.I think he would love these. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Balisha simplybalisha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My they do sound wonderful. And such a simple recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet they were amazing! I really enjoy adding mustard to things:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These do sound wonderful! I've never tried baking potatoes with mustard before and I can't wait to try these. More snow tomorrow - what a winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now on our third week of travel ... cooking at home sounds fun and these potatoes ... oh my.

    Hoping the worst of the cold is gone by the time we return. We can hope, right?

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a keeper recipe, looks and sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at garlic . . . lI love potatoes cooked anyway. I've been known to eat them raw. But these sound perfect. I'll definitely be roasting them this way very soon. Like maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These sound yummy. No open windows here, we have bitterly
    cold temps and 9" of snow on the ground!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to try these- they sound perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.