Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Library Is Open For Business



The "soft" opening of the new library was yesterday.  Dark clouds were gathering outside but it was sunny and cheerful inside.


Thank you bouquet from the Board of Trustees 
to the library staff.


Fiction



Audio Visual



Boardroom with a view.


Into the woods.


Toadstool stool




Caterpillar 


Toadstool stools that the children were having fun moving all around their new space.





Mobile in the atrium as viewed from the second floor.


Jim Conlon was a state representative and a long-time library trustee.  He was a keen advocate of a new library that would serve the city from a location on the square.  Jim passed away just before the new location was secured.


View from the children's area looking south on Main Street.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I love libraries and this looks like a wonderful one. Although I admit I don't go to the library as much as I used to.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the view out the window of the town and it is truly a beautiful library, love the childrens part. wow on that

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place to find books. The children's dept. is a child's dream. Enjoy!
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous Bonnie. Look at those cute stools. This will definitely get kids interested in reading, adults too for that matter. Congratulations.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love the little mushroom stools and I'm sure everyone will enjoy this beautiful new library:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie! It is so beautiful. How wonderful. All clean and fresh and shiny and new! LOVE the toadstool stools! xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I especially love the toadstools- I want some of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. IT looks wonderful!! And such a pretty street.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libraries are the best and this one looks wonderful. It's sad that Mr. Conlon is not around. I bet the children will love story hour there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, How wonderful to finally be open. I love the children's library. I would love playing around the toadstools. Congratulations once again. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie I love Libraries and this look georgeous, what nice and beauty!!
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Bonnie! What a beautiful and functional library! The children's area is adorable. I'm so happy books and libraries are as cherished as ever. I love my library and would be lost without it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOw wonderful that you have such a beautiful new and fun place to read and check out books!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful, Bonnie! I love the kid's section - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Bonnie! I know you are so proud. I am very proud for you. Libraries are special places. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.