Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy



My heart and prayers go out to all those on the east coast in the throes of Hurricane Sandy.  It has been good seeing and hearing about all the various crews from around the country heading to that devastated area.  It seems that FEMA is working well in this disaster.  We still haven't heard from our son and his wife this morning.  They live in Providence, RI.  From news reports, the hurricane wall did it's job and there are minimal power outages in their particular area.  Here in the midwest, it is a gray and blustery day.  Lake Michigan is being affected and I just heard that Lakeshore Drive is closed.  What havoc Sandy is causing.  I hope all of you, my blogging friends, are safe and well.

8 comments:

  1. and i hope the same, it has really been a devastating storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I hope you have heard from your son and all is well. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your son is OK. It's unsettling when you can't get in touch. It is amazing that this 1000 mile storm is reaching Chicago! I heard about LkShore Dr. Coming there this weekend --- hope it's fine by then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's danged darned cold out here in the fields, but we finished up and moved home then on to our custom farm, where we harvest a crop for someone else. Praying for your son and his family! Hugs from "down south."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing okay where you are, Bonnie... Not everyone has been that lucky... Hope you finally heard from your son/family, and I pray that they are okay...

    Take care --and stay WARM.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope by now you have heard from your son and daughter-in-law by now, Bonnie. Our little crew made it through fine, of course they are way inland compared to yours. blessings ~ t.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, safe here in southern IN although we've had some weather affects - lots of strong gusts of wind and rain. My girls are in Baltimore but did fine- didn't lose their electricity. I was very worried. Hope your family is well.
    xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, hope you have heard from your son and his wife by now and that all is well. It sounds like we're in for more strong winds here again today.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.