Here is nanny's recipe and I hope you enjoy it.
Lemon Chess Pie
1 9 inch pie shell. Nanny made her own. I use Pillsbury.
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, cut into eight pieces and softened
1 cup milk
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
3. Add the flour, cornmeal, salt, lemon juice and lemon rind. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into the pastry shell
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until set in the center.