Andrew had a busy day today. He did some outside spring cleaning by washing down the house and the garage. He also mowed even though it wasn't really necessary. I think it just helped him bring spring a little closer. I decided he deserved lamb chops for dinner.
Here's my very simple and very tasty way of preparing the chops.
Lamb Chops with an Italian Garlic Crust
7 lamb chops, about 1 1/4 inches thick (serves two plus one grateful dalmatian!* see below)
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic put through a garlic press
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp each: dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried thyme
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet over high heat.
2. Season the chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Mix together the garlic, olive oil, oregano, rosemary and thyme and rub onto both sides of the chops.
4. Saute over high heat for two minutes per side.
5. Place the pan into the oven for ten minutes for medium rare.
6. Loosely cover and allow to sit for ten minutes before serving.
One patiently waiting dalmatian watching the oven.