It was warm inside with candles burning, a log blazing in the fireplace and the joy of being surrounded by dear and loving friends. Friends that we've shared our lives with for over twenty years now. Friends who are truly our family. We've watched as our children have grown up. We've supported one another through times of great joy and great sadness. This year, all of our children were celebrating in different parts of the country. We missed them--so very much--but we had loving and happy times to remember together. I am so grateful for these wonderful people!
Jane prepares the mimosa while the men cheer her on!
A big thumbs up from Jim on a job well done!
Steve's Deliciously Deviled Eggs
Quick Liver Pate
Quick Liver Pate from Cooking Light with a few tweaks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 slices bacon
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp cognac
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
8 ounces liverwurst
1. Place cranberries in boiling water to cover and steep for five minutes. Drain and finely chop.
2. Cook bacon until crisp. Reserve 1 tbsp drippings. Finely chop bacon.
3. Add shallots, thyme, peper, garlic and bay leaf to the drippings in the pan. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the shallots are softened. Remove pan from heat. Add cognac, scrapping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove and reserve bay leaf.
4. Place shallot mixture, cream cheese and liverwurst in a food processor; process until smooth. Place in a small bowl; stir in the bacon and cherries. Place bay leaf on top of pate. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
5. Serve with bagel chips, toast points or crackers.
Spiral Cut Ham
Andrew's Cheddar Grits
Cranberry Cornmeal Muffins
Diana's Sour Cream Coffee Cake
I got so caught up in the moment that I failed to take one photograph of the food! I'll share a couple of the recipes later but may have to accompany them by line drawings!!
Hope all of you dear folks had a lovely Christmas!