Oliver is four years old today.
He's resting up for his celebratory dinner tonight and dreaming of a carrot cupcake (which he will enjoy minus the icing).
Carrot Cupcakes from Martha Stewart with a bit of tweaking by Bonnie
For 12 cupcakes
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
zest of one orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground allspice
a grating of nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with festive paper liners. In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and eggs.
2. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Add flour and mix in. Stir in carrots, walnuts and coconut.
3. Divide the batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
4. Prepare frosting by whisking together the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar.
5. When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost.